26 March 2006

end in sight

I gave the last document that we have to create, our financial form, to J to notarize. The home study should arive at our house this week, and D will take the 6 documents now ready (med forms, criminal checks, home study, and financial form) to the Sec of State to certify. Next week, I'll bring them to the Chinese Consulate to authenticate. And then we are done with the paper chase apart from our CIS documents. When I concentrate on the process, pushing each piece of paper along to the next step without much regard for the future, I feel useful and fine.

Not so hysterical today about wait times and closing programs. Not ready to shop for clothes and decorate the room yet, but not is dispair. This process had been described as a roller coaster by so many people and it is true. Here we are committing ourselves to a little girl who is still in no way ours. Once our LOI goes to China and it should this week with our completed homestudy in FTIA hands, we can hope for a PA, pre-approval, which will mean that she is a little ours. I will be able to post a picture, and maybe feel a little more sure about giving my heart away. Of course, my heart has lept at the opportunity to be lost to the little sad face and almost deviant pose.

According to the HS agency, the Indy CIS usually takes about a month to process forms once the home study is in. Would this be so, we could be DTC, documents to China, by the end of April or the beginning of May. It would only mark the beginning of the real wait for Travel Approval which right now has been as high as 145 days for a few people, but at least we'd be on that queue. I don't relish waiting. I am sure I will be crazy, but I waited with J and she survived a rediculously long wait. We can do it as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home