23 March 2006

rumors and names and october traveling

A week or two -- I have been hounding my social worker, bugging the doctor, and checking in with my coordinator more than I really need to. And the problem is the unfinished home study. It was the doc's fault. How dare she move offices when I needed a form filled out! She did. I can't stand the loss of control and the domino-style procedure. Ok, I picked up the medical form just before 5 so that tomorrow I can give a copy to the social worker, so that they can finish the HS, so the HS can go to FTIA AND to the CIS. Then, and only then, we can get out LOI to China, and more importantly, our I600 will get processed.

Looking at the calendar, finally and seriously for the first time, I don't see us traveling until October. Bummer big time. I wanted Ches to go with us and she will be at school then. And how I hate the thought of Zhi Kuang taking so long to get home but there is nothing to do, nothing at all.

Lots of rumors of nsn referrals. China appears to be slowing down. CCAA gives no reasons at all. No one know anything but a blogger keeps all rumors alive. Interesting.

Names, names, names. There are rejects --

Katherine -- Ches didn't like it. Like everyone and her mother. And she'll be called Kat
Anna -- David first thought of this and then dismissed it
Annie -- Some one will connect it with little orphan Annie, but then a touring company of Chinese girls doing a production of Annie is some concept
Cora -- David says it sound like a cleaning lady
Collette -- Well, I like it today. Exotic and very distinctive. Doesn't lend itself to nick names.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home