22 August 2006

saddnesses


As I was traveling home tonight I felt three saddnesses. Things that I have read about but didn't really relate to until tonight. I was very sad for ZhiKuang's first mother, remembering that all she could do for her daughter was to write her date of birth on a single slip of paper. Unless she knows where ZhiKuang is fostered, she has not even had the pleasure of the pictures that I have stared at since March. I am sad for her second mother, the foster mother who is just a week will lose the baby girl that she has raised since she was a week old. I hope that she had found some way to hide an address among ZhiKuang's clothes or stuck in a book that they are returning to me, so that we can stay in touch with her and share a little of what will come after next week for ZhiKuang. And I am sad that I, her third mother, has missed my darling daughter's beginnings and growings. But I will see her future, so my saddness is small.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are Ralph & Jennifer Ehresman and stayed at the Kuntai also when you get there ask for the bigger rooms they have much bigger rooms no extra charge and shoping was great across the street by the temple. We also stayed at the Gloria just be ready to sleep on concrete other wise it's beautiful and go to the right and you hit a supermarket for your water and things. Great trip our site is web.mac.com/ren01

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have safe travels. Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home