27 May 2006

julia's room

Today I started Julia's room. We had cleaned out the closet a week or so ago, but I stripped the bedding, took all remaining furniture out and started into spackling. The walls are in pretty good shape, and I could probably begin painting tomorrow if I want to, if I buy the paint. She is beginning to become a presence in the house and I have been careful of that before this. Fear of not really adopting, fear of losing her for some CCAA reason, just mother fear -- wanting to save myself from the pain of not having her. But now she has a quilt, and soon a painted room. I bought two sets of clothes and Matthew's lego. Now she is more than a bulging file in the music room and a few pictures on the frig. Slowly, Julia Zhi Kuang comes into view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home