12 May 2006

DTC

We are now DTC. Our dossier all certified and authenticated will be making its way to China for the CCAA to look at, scrutinze, and hopefully, approve. I am sure this is going to be the hardest part of the wait; however, so far I have no been able to enjoy really thinking about Julia as a person. I guess I did when we were making the decision to request to adopt her, but since that I have concentrated on the work of it and studied this face without really, really expecting that she would come home to us, live in our house, and be our daughter and beloved person. I don't know whether I held back in case for some reason we could not do the paper chase, or just because it was all so long away, so rather vague. But if concentrating on the work of it was what helped our dossier to be done in a little less than three and a half months, then it was a good way to be thinking during this time. And now, I can start imagining her here, in her room, playing with toys and running in the backyard.
Welcome home, Julia Zhi. Welcome, my little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home