05 May 2006

chicago weekend

Raisa, Raina, Razi (hebrew for secret), Rea, Reya, Rianna, Rilla, and Ronalee

More names. Stil no name.

David brought Shadiamon up to Chicago this weekend and we showed her a few sights. The Shed Aquarium (with really expensive tickets) took up most of the day. Then a little walking on Michigan and we headed for the American Girl Store which blew her away. Nothing like a girl who loves dolls. We found her a new outfit of her Addy and a new book and a brush. She quizzed the hairdresser who was working on a Addy doll so much so that the woman assumed that the doll she was working on was ShaDiamon's. Then we had dinner at Heaven on Seven where ShaDiamon insisted on having Catfish -- she is not too reliable about picking food and I thought this was way out. Of course, the kid proved me wrong and she loved the fish. I tasted it and it was really good. She is slowly picking up so many of our ways -- tasting eachother's foods, teasing David, movies, movies, movies. I am amazed at our comfort level -- more so because of all my reading about attachment. We have known each other for a year now and we really trust eachother. She listens to me and I am confident in what she tells me and what she does. She does create some fictions now and again, but none are awful lies. ShaDiamon is such a bright and engaging child. I would love to be a friend to her for a very long time and watch her grow up to be a success in her life.

Tomorrow the last two documents go to the consulate and then to FTIA, and then the dossier goes to China. We may have Zhi Kuang in three or four short months. I hope she can grow to love us as much as ShaDiamon has. That would be enough. Dianu.

We talk the indy/chicago. Our stable lives have been pretty much turned up side down, and I don't know what will happen. I need to get consciously on my path again and jump high and wide. Time to let the angels catch me again. Ready, guys?

I decided I will start a blog for the kids that I know to tell them about the adoption and to let them meet Zhi Kuang that way.

And the novel is so close to being finished. I am scared of that day. I see now. I want David and then an agent and then a publisher to love it, to call me genius. I am scared they will and scared they will not. This is a tough one. I don't want to fail but I admit to fearing doing well as well. Then what? I know not what to expect, but I can't not push it a final time or two and then let it fly on its own.
Wow I just deleat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home