01 May 2006

jello slow

I have been ambivelant about keeping up to date on this blog this last week. Everything seems slow, jello-wading slow. And there are tensions at work that will not be resolved anytime soon. So much for perfection, even with a long commute. Anyway, we were fingerprinted last Thursday and sent a plea to the CIS on Friday to expedite. I am so hoping for the I 171 at the end of this week, but no guarantees at all. They had a hard time getting my fingerprints -- dry hands, probably from typing, they told me. I am not perfection with taking care of my skin, but I do use hand cream most of the time. If my fingerprints are tough, I'm surprised that we ever catch crooks! Most of them use very little hand cream from what I've observed. Ha!

Cheshire will be home for the summer. Taking courses to make up for going to Cambridge next fall, and possibly finding a job. I am so happy to have her with us over the summer. I did not expect it at all. She is willing to help with Zhi Kuang's room, etc. and getting ready to travel. I intend to enjoy that time with her.

The boat she coxes, the 4, is doing very well. They were No. 1 last week in the division. They are going to New England Finals this next weekend and Cheshire expects great things. My jock! It is so satisfying to see her move into her power, to increase her skills, and to find a sport she really loves.

I had surges of love for Zhi Kuang over the last week -- I can almost see her face when I am not looking at her pictures. I thought of her when I was at the Kid's Museum with Robin and kids, and thinking of what I would do on a maturnity leave.

Current name is Julia. David really likes it. Cheshire will need to approve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home