08 September 2006

Hong Kong -- Last travel post!

We are going home!!! In less than 12 hours, we will be boarding our Continental jet. It is a long ride and considering our spicy dragon's behavior the last few days, the ride home will be a challenge. Please, say prayers, chant, burn insense, and offer sacrifices to the travel gods that the other passengers will not kill us before we land at Newark.

Barb, Steve, Chris, Squeaker -- we'll give you a call when we land in Newark.

So on the up side today -- We took a bus tour of Hong Kong and the difference between mainland China and HK is incredible. Only S. Calif. culture can compete with the flashy wealth and the stark poverty that we see here. But like S.C., H.K. is a beautiful place. A city built on lush hills and a reclaimed bay. The people too are a different sort -- New Yorkers or Parisians. Very interesting and it would be great fun to visit with lots of time and money and a personal guide to take us about.

More up stuff -- Julia said I love you to me in Chinese -- I don't think she really understands but I've said it so many times to her that she may be just coping. That's okay. I'll take that for now. She gives hugs as well (no kisses yet). She sang another new song today and is trying to copy my Ol' Susanna.

Her behavior continues to deteriorate and I am just waiting to get her home. She went through a few days of refusing to walk, and in H.K. without a stroller, it is tough. Today, she did more walking and we were extremely happy. She is still laying on the ground when she is angry -- she had laid all over China and Hong Kong, and nice Chinese ladies have clucked at her. She is, however, eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom well and with great regularity.

I will post when we get home and try to get more pictures up. Thanks to everyone who has written or thought of us during this journey. All of it really helps keep us connected.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne,

I have been thinking about you so much and sending you lots of positive thoughts. Have a safe and tranquil trip home.

I am so happy for you guys.

All my love,

Marta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home