14 December 2006

Jagi

My dad died on Monday morning after a long illness. He died in his sleep which was very blessed although hard on my mother. I am very sorry that he did not get to meet Julia because he was so happy about our adoption from the first time that I told him. We had weighed coming out east during my family leave and then during the holidays and felt that she was not ready to travel yet. It is ashame that Julia will come out to New Jersey for the funeral and not to meet her Jagi (Ukrainian, not Chinese for grandpa).

I left for Jersey on Monday evening after driving home from Chicago during the day. David has been on kid duty for the week. They were supposed to fly in yesterday but the plane was delayed over and over until at around 8 last night, he opted to be re-scheduled to fly today. From what I hear, Julia's behavior in the airport was more than a challenge. Actually, just what we imagined. I wonder if the airlines people was only too happy to re-schedule them.

I hope that they will get to Jersey today without difficulty.

I spoke to Julia this morning on the phone and she told me: "Time to go to see bones. Okay. Bye. Later." Yes, David will take her to the kids museum this morning and then fly out at 2.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne,

I'm sorry to hear about your Father. It's my prayer that David and Julia will make it in to Jersey soon to be with you.

Love,
The Smith Family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home