17 September 2006

Saturday at the zoo

Julia has been home one week today -- tonight really -- an so we went to the Indianapolis Zoo.

Marcia and Matthew joined us and Julia had a wonderful time.

Julia and her wonderful godmother Julia enjoying the horses.
Julia and Baba (Daddy) ride the horses -- sea horses that is! Julia loved the carosel in Nanchang and I have the feeling this will be a regular stop during our zoo visits.
Julia and Daddy looks at the elephants. Julia was very excited about seeing the animals. She recognized many of them -- lions, monkeys, tigers, horses, pigs, goats, and the elephants.

And she connected the words cards we have for her. These are flashcards that have pictures on one side and words in Chinese and English on the other side. I brought along the animal cards to the zoo, and she was very excited about connecting the cards with the animals. She knows the Chinese names of many animals. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, the zoo! Have been reading along and think her progress is thrilling.

MaybeSuznne you can come to next book club? the 28?

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Kim Corn said...

Yipee, Julia is really making great progress. I loved reading about her giving kisses and hugs. Isn't it amazing how she is adjusting?

I'm surprized that she doesn't use things she hasn't been offered, that's really interesting. It just makes me wonder what the orphanages are like and what kind of discipline they use. Julia is generous, takes care of others, and not selfish (compared to most American children). They must be doing something right or maybe Julia is just one of those amazing children. I know she stole my husband's heart in China.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Suz said...

a start

Julia is watching Sesame Street and running around the living room. I am very contend being home with this little one. Who would have known that I could do this, if only for a short time. Bliss. What is it but this? How to follow this?

We were up at 7 and by 8 were done with breakfast and dressing. I cleaned my bedroom for about 90 minutes taking times to let Julia play with the stones of the stone game and the two-stringed instrument from Vietnam. I dusted our bookcase and vacuumed. We went outside to pull some weeds and now we are in again.

Is it notice I crave? Is that the only reason for art? Is it the process? Is it the community? Do I need my attempts at art for reasons other than notice, process, and community? And what are my limitations? Is the work just inferior? Will it ever say something to anyone other than myself?

And what does that mean? If my Rubricon has been crossed, if I am pased the point of no return, whre do I go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home