20 September 2006

19-20 Sept

Tuesday was hard for Julia. We had her first doctor’s appointment. We were kept waiting too long for Julia and the appointment ended with her receiving 4 injections to start her catching up on her vaccinations. She also was testing limits incredibly – hitting the dog, throwing grass into the pond, daring to turn on the stove – things that I could not let go. When I took her up to take a bath and wash her hair, she threw a fit when I took the little pigtails out of her hair. Julia hasn’t had a bad melt down for a few days and this was a big one.

After awhile she settled down and I put her to bed. She went sleep easily probably because she was totally exhausted by that time. And I wondered if I was really up to dealing with this little dear one.

Wednesday morning, Julia woke up feeling warm to the touch. I gave her some medicine and she wanted to curl up on my bedroom floor. I picked her up and we sat in my comfy chair with the quilt over both of us. We stayed that way for more than an hour. Then we had breakfast, watched tv and snuggled more. We had lunch and went shopping at Once upon a Child. We found all sorts of good stuff there including a Elmo cell phone that she loves.

Cheshire and I went shopping after dinner and David and Julia played outside and played on the piano and had a hard time getting to sleep.

But it was a better day.

I am learning, slowly, but learning.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julia, Suzanne, David and Cheshire! We have thought of you often and fondly since we returned from China. I've come here a few times to catch up on Miss Julia Bye-Bye. She is so sweet and we are fascinated by her and your family's story. It really excites us to think about these next few months and how she'll adapt, grow, change and yet still be the same Julia.

We're so excited for Cheshire and her trip to Cambridge/Spain. You must be getting so excited, Cheshire!

Know that you are in our thoughts and hearts and we look forward to seeing you again as soon as possible.

We are journaling Jaden's transition. You can read about it here: www.journeytojaden.typepad.com/jadensmith

Our best to your entire family. Keep the pictures and information coming. We love reading about Julia and her family.

Love,
Scott, Traci, Valerie, Kevin & Jaden

 

Post a Comment

<< Home